Winter is indeed a beautiful season. It’s just that cold weather tends to make our skin dull and dry. Moreover, it affects our hair too by making them brittle, more prone to breakage and cold winds lead to dry scalp as well.
It is very important to take care of our hair and prevent them from cold weather. In winters, cold wind plays a very bad role in taking away all the moisture from the hair. So it is advisable to wear a hat, scarf, cap or a bandana covering your hair. They will be saved and not get tangled easily.
Let’s get to know some more handy tips for healthy mane:
- In winters, we generally bathe in hot water but the water you use should not be too hot for skin and hair as well. Use lukewarm water while washing your hair. Too much heat is not good for hair. Don’t forget to condition them in the end to avoid tangles and breakage.
- Do not use too much of blow dryer and strengtheners or curlers on your hair. Let them dry naturally. Run your fingers through them to get rid of the tangles when they are semi-dry. This way you can brush them easily with less breakage.
- In winters, your scalp might go dry, itchy and flaky. That’s the root cause of dandruff. To get rid of dandruff, heat some olive or coconut oil and squeeze the juice of half lemon in it. Mix it and apply it on your hair for an hour. Then wash off with shampoo. Repeat in few days if necessary.
- Due to static, hair tends to get frizzy and knotty. Use a wide tooth plastic comb and wash your hair with lukewarm water. Do apply conditioner for that smooth effect.
- Massage almond oil in your hair once or twice in a week during winters. This will repair the split ends and strengthen your hair.
- If it’s possible for you to get some amla powder, then that will be best for your hair. Apply some amla powder mixed with coconut oil to your scalp. This will prevent your hair from breaking and prevents greying too.
Here are some hair masks that will do magic to your hair:
- Honey Egg Mask:
Honey locks in moisture in the hair and egg keeps your hair smooth and strong. Take 1 egg yolk and mix it well in 1 cup of honey. Massage well this mixture in your hair and let it be there for 30 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Fuller Earth (Multani Mitti) Pack:
Take 3 tbsp of multani mitti, 2 tbsp of gram flour and half cup vinegar. Mix them well and make a smooth paste. Apply this on your hair starting from the tip and let it dry. Wash away with lukewarm water to get smooth hair.
Try out these handy tips and masks for beautiful hair and have fun this winter. Your hair will shine and flow freely with confidence with cool breeze.