Have you ever felt like your nails aren’t long and strong enough to pull off some of the pretty nail art that you saw your friend flaunting? Or have you been a nail bitter since your childhood? Don’t worry-healthier, longer nails are not far now. We have put together a list of tips and tricks you can keep in mind if you are trying to grow your nails since a long time.
- If you like painting your nails make sure you use a base coat before applying any colour. A base coat serves as a nourishing and moisturizing treatment at the same time. If you apply a base coat before applying the colour every time, you will see positive results soon.
- An extra step of protection will keep your nails longer and stronger. Keep your nails coated with clear nail paint or just the top coat for that matter.
- Make your own DIY nail growth oil. All you need is 3 drops of lavender oil, 3 drops of geranium oil, and 3 drops of lemon essential oil and 4 tablespoons of jojoba oil. Mix well and store in a container. Rub this mixture onto your cuticles before going to bed. This oil will not only make your nails grow faster but also strengthen them at the same time.
- Trim your nails regularly. By trimming you get rid of all the weak parts and your nails grow out to be stronger. Trim your nails once every two weeks, or once a week depending on how quickly your nails tend to grow.
- Avoid using nail paints of local brands, and always opt for good brands.
- Avoid biting and scratching your nails, as it can result in weaker nails.
- Dull and dry nails break easily. Make sure to moisturize your nails with olive oil at least once a week.
- Garlic to the rescue. Garlic has proven very effective to make nails grow faster. Either apply garlic paste or simply cut a garlic clove and rub it on your nails. Do this twice a week for best results.
- Go easy on the gel manicures. The UV light used while doing gel manicures, can not only harm the nail but also the skin around the nail. This light can also increase the chances of cancer. You will never ever get long, strong nails, if you don’t keep the safety of your nails in mind. So, if you want long nails, you must take care of them.
- Maintain a proper diet. Like all the other parts of your body, what you eat or don’t eat affects your nails too. For stronger and healthy nails, it is recommended to include Vitamin E and fish in your diet.
- Maintain and hydrate your cuticles. Remember, healthy cuticles mean healthy nails.
- Exfoliate regularly for strong and healthy nails.
Written by Tanisha Diwan